A sensation of pain accompanied by an intense feeling of heaviness in the legs and feet can be a sign of a vein disorder. Chronic pain not only makes it difficult for you to do your everyday chores efficiently but is also a cause of irritation, stress, and depression in most patients. The constant vein discomfort is indicative of a serious medical condition and necessarily requires immediate therapeutic attention.
Causes of Leg Pain
In a few cases, the leg pain is not because of a vein condition but is caused by an injury or accident that leads to sprain or spinal pain which further reaches down to the legs and feet. If you witness pain without an injury and the leg ache does not seem to go away even after a few days, you must see a vein specialist and get a proper check-up done for an accurate diagnosis before treatment.
It is only after a physical examination and the recommended ultrasound scans that the vascular expert will be able to comment on your vein health and prescribe a treatment. Of all the common causes of chronic venous pain in legs, varicose veins are the most prevalent one. Varicose veins are caused when the valves of certain veins in the legs and feet fail to send the de-oxygenated blood back to the heart.
Although most of the varicose veins negatively impact the physical appearance of the affected area, in a few cases, there may not be any visible signs on the skin surface. Not only the aged, but even the younger people are commonly reported to be suffering from varicose veins.
Over time, owing to the lack or delay of proper treatment, varicose veins can result in other disorders which may further cause extreme pain and severe discomfort. Lymphoedema, which is characterized by swelling in the legs and thrombophlebitis, which occurs when blood clots form in the surface of the legs are the most common side effects of the absence of proper treatment for varicose veins! Varicose veins may even lead to DVT (Deep Vein Thrombosis) which is a critical medical emergency.
Symptoms of Varicose Veins
Pain in the damaged area of legs and feet is the easiest way to recognize varicose veins. Some patients may also feel itching accompanied by discomfort and a feeling of heaviness in the affected area.
For a few patients, there may not be any visible symptoms but the following signs can help you self-diagnose varicose veins:
- Skin discoloration
- Throbbing or burning sensation in the legs
- Heaviness in the affected area
- Irritation or itching on the damaged area
- Severe leg pain and feet ache
- Swelling, especially in the evening and night, mostly on warm days
- Chronic pain that feels like muscle cramps
Treatment for Varicose Veins
Whether you are looking for treatment options to get rid of the ugly sight of varicose veins or are seeking instant relief from the aching legs and feet, there are a variety of medical procedures and the doctors will choose one on the basis of your exact medical condition:
- Compression Stockings: The most basic form of treatment option is support stockings or compression stockings. These are tight near the ankle and lose around the thighs. Available in multiple sizes, you must consult your doctor about the recommended size before making a purchase. Although not a permanent solution, it does offer immediate relief from ache and itching.
- Sclerotherapy: Smaller varicose veins can be treated by injecting an irritant in the affected veins. This causes inflammation and narrowing of the varicose veins thus disconnecting them from the circulatory system.
- Ablation: Endovenous laser treatment is a no-cut, no-scar, and no-stitch technique that uses a laser fibre to completely close the varicose veins.
Book an Appointment with Avis Hospitals
Chronic vein pain keeps you distracted, unhappy, and also hinders your ability to stand or walk long distances at a stretch. It is absolutely essential for you to schedule your appointment with renowned vascular experts at Avis Hospitals for quick relief and speedy recovery.
If you are looking to get your varicose veins treated in a minimally invasive way, trust none other than the Hyderabad’s most reputed medical institution, Avis Hospitals. The experienced vascular experts use vein mapping and effective diagnostic procedures to precisely mark-out the varicose veins and treat the damaged area.
The vein specialists at Avis Hospitals are thorough professionals and are truly caring about your well-being. They will help you overcome vein pain by addressing the underlying vein issues and treating them effectively. You will be able to witness positive changes in your life and feel ecstatic about standing and walking without any ache or soreness in the legs and feet.
For queries and treatments, schedule a medical check-up at Avis Hospitals today!