At least one-third of adults in India suffer from one or the other form of a venous disorder but are not necessarily aware of it. The most common vein disease is spider veins. These are not swollen and enlarged or painful and discomforting but are visible in the form of spider-web-like structures primarily on the legs and feet.
If your parents or siblings have a medical history of a vascular disorder, there are high chances of you developing spider veins or varicose veins at some point in your lifetime. Apart from genetics, lifestyle factors such as consumption of fatty foods, insufficient intake of water, excessive alcohol consumption, inadequate physical activity, and remaining in the same posture for long durations at a stretch are the other common causes of a venous disorder.
Spider veins not only cause cosmetic displeasure but also signal towards an underlying issue in the circulation of blood. It is tedious for an individual to differentiate between varicose veins and spider veins by just merely looking at them through the naked eye.
It is thus extremely important to take notice of the early signs and visit your vascular expert for thorough diagnosis and timely treatment before further progression of the vascular disorder as any delay in medical aid can worsen the condition and result in:
- Blood Clots – Pooling of blood due to spider veins and/or varicose veins can result in clotting. These blood clots, in turn, can further restrict blood flow and cause other life-long health issues.
- Ulcers – Additional pressure on the vein walls due to undue pooling of blood can lead to inflammation, swelling, and eventually open sores (ulcers) on the legs and feet. These are accompanied by fluid discharge and are quite difficult to heal.
- Cellulitis – Cellulitis is a skin infection caused by the bacteria that is naturally present on the skin. Cellulitis can result in tissue damage, organ damage, and other infections that prevent the body from healing itself.
Spider veins are a warning sign that other tissue disorders such as cellulitis are likely to develop in incidences of lack or delay in treatment.
- DVT – Deep Vein Thrombosis refers to the development of blood clots in the deep veins. These clots cause swelling, pain, and the skin around the affected area becomes discolored and is often warm to touch.
- Pulmonary Embolism – The blood clots in the deep veins can break free and travel to the lungs or heart, thus cutting off the oxygen supply. These can even cause death if immediate medical care is not made available.
What to do next?
If you are currently suffering from varicose veins or have a family history of a vascular disorder that places you at high risk of varicose veins, always keep a close eye on the symptoms and do not delay getting medical assistance from a vascular specialist on the occurrence of the primary signs.
Avis Vascular Centre is a well-equipped medical institute with state-of-the-art healthcare facilities and round-the-clock expert assistance for all patients. All our doctors are highly qualified and supremely experienced in laser treatment of varicose veins.
Laser treatment is a painless and minimally invasive treatment procedure for venous disorders. It is a quick process performed as an outpatient procedure and the patient can go back home on the same day. There are minimal chances of any side-effects or recurrence of varicose veins. Performed under the influence of local anaesthesia, this is a safe procedure for patients of all age groups.
At Avis Vascular Centre, the expert healthcare practitioners follow all protocols from the American College of Phlebology and perform only USFDA approved procedures for world-class treatment, higher chances of success, and faster recovery.
Free duplex ultrasound scan and specialist consultation visits are arranged for all deserving patients. Avis Vascular Centre has also tied up with all leading national insurance agencies of India to offer cashless Mediclaim assistance in a stress-free and hassle-free way. Our team also manages travel and accommodation bookings for all out-station patients.
We are your one-stop destination for the best treatment of venous diseases at the most affordable prices. Do not think twice, simply schedule your consultation with the renowned vascular experts at Avis Vascular Centre and say goodbye to your vascular disorder and discomfort! Book now!